Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting sounds for your soundscape

With the audio project at our feet, I feel it would be good to show how to locate and crop sounds for your soundscapes. At first, I googled sounds and this was good for unspecific sounds, but usually had me combing through a very long list of slightly different sounds for one that fit.

The alternative I found to this is either recording your own (time consuming, but a very exact option), or the one I will discuss, pulling sounds off youtube.

Now, you probably have done this to take music, but it is also very valuable for putting together mixes or taking out sounds that you need for soundscapes.

First, google a youtube video of exactly what sound you need, in my case it was a person yelling “SHUT UP!,” and I found this famous movie clip that was perfect.

Image

Now I just have to get it from youtube into RockBand, and to do this I google “youtube converter” and get tons of options. I went with listentoyoutube.com, and all you have to do is take the url of the video, and put it into this thing on the website.

Image

This will give you an mp3 file that can be drag and dropped into RockBand (or other audioediting program) where it can be cropped and edited to make the levels blend with your soundscape.


Source : digicompdiy[dot]wordpress[dot]com

0 comments:

Post a Comment